The main objective of Centre for Measurement and Metrology is to undertake industrial consultation for performing reverse engineering, calibration of measuring instruments and also providing training for the metrologist.
- To perform Calibration of instruments
- To obtain High-speed acquisition to measuring
- To measure deviation maps from CAD for industrial products
- To analyse deviation maps from CAD for reverse engineering work
- To check angularity, circularity, symmetry, cylindricity of industrial shafts
- coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Profile Projector
- 3D – Printer
Using CMM, lot of research work has been done for reverse engineering and concurrent engineering. Number of consultancy work has been done in the above said fields.
Consultation works done:
- Implementation of Concurrent Redesign & Manufacture procedure for an Automotive Component.
- Implementation of Reverse Engineering for Crankshaft Industry.