- To create the awareness to the students about the alternative fuels derived from organic matters. Since, biofuelsderived from organic mattershas played a vital role in the environmental issues to reduce the emissions.
- Also, to impart the knowledge to the students about the different methods ofpreparation of biodiesel.
- To have the opportunity to tie-up with the industries.
- Exchange of technical ideas between the industry and the institution has been strengthened.
- Students have most benefited from them to acquire the knowledge in the field of the latest advancement in engines as well as in alternative fuels.
- The industry and institution gap has been bridged.
- Possibility to bring the innovative projects in the field of I.C.engines.
- The biodiesel preparation unit is available.
- Variable Compression Ratio a research engine is available to conduct the experiments.
- Exhaust gas analyzer (five gas analyzer) unit is available.
- Various testing equipment such as Viscometer, bomb calorimeter etc. is available to measure the properties of biodiesel.
- Combustion analyzer is equipped with the engine to plot the various graphs such as pressure-crank angle, heat release rate and mass fraction burnt etc. while the engine is on running.
- A few research project works have been carried out for the research scholars.
- Research and consultation works in the field of alternative fuels have been carried out in the small industry which is situated in and around the college premises.
- Various student projects in alternative fuels have been carried out.