Industry Institute Partnership forms an important activity for any academic institute as its stakeholders interact with the real world. Firstly, the students are benefited due to exposure to current industry practices, updation is possible as and when changes occur in technology, teaching faculty get sensitized to the latest practices leading them to blend practice with usual theoretical teaching methods.
On successful interaction, Industry may realize that Academia has more to offer by way of solving their short term and long term technical problems, provide a manpower resource pool with good industry orientation and a source for updating the knowledge sets of its personnel.Industries and Technical Institution have a strong mutuality of interest which forms the basis of a partnership between them To Bridge the gap between the Institution and Industries, our College launched Industry Institute Partnership (IIP) Cell on 10th March 2005 .Centre for Industy-Institute Partnership , Centre for Research & Planning was inaugurated by Mr.K.Jayaramakrishnan, VP – TCS & Mr.T.M.Sathyanarayana , Director- Academic – CTS respectively. The ceremony was presided by Mr.Pratipta Mahopatra, CEO RPG. Mr.A.K.Pattabiraman, Principle Consultant TCS delivered the key note address and released the first issue of CAMPUS PATRIKA. The programme was blessed by Mr.Rakesh Gupta, DY.GM – HR Ashok Leyland, Mr.K.N.Visweswaran –Hexaware Technologies, Mr.Asokan Pitchai – Head MAFOI Academy.
IIP CELL aims at effective, frequent and mutually beneficial interactions with Industry and establishing and exploring links with industries for the development of the Institute.
IIP Cell Activities
- Developing close links between Industry-Institute by interaction programs.
- To encourage industry and organizations for placement and training of students in Industries.
- Widening & Implementing R&D programmes, sponsored and joint R&D projects from industries, in the Institute.
- To conduct Industrial Training and Industrial Visits for the students and faculty. To conduct industrial exhibitions to highlight research facilities and expertise available with the Institute.
- To encourage Industry to collaborate in Industry Study Tour Programme (ISTP) / Intern-ship Programme.
- Organizing seminars,symposiums,exhibitions and workshops.
- Publishing and issuing technical bulletins/news letters and course material with latest technological developments.
- Collaborating with other societies (National and International) having similar objectives.
- Conducting Industrial and Technical Exhibitions.
- Organizing guest lectures on latest technological advancements, evaluation of project work, and workshops from industrial experts in the Institute.
- Mr. K. Jayaramakrishnan, Vice President, TCS
- Ms. Hema Gopal, Vice President, TCS
- Mr. A.K. Pattabiraman, Principal Consultant, TCS
- Mr. T.M. Sathyanarayana, Principal Consultant, Satyam
- Mr. Pratipta Mahopatra, CEO, RPG, President MMA
- Mr. Shiva Prasad, MD, Jasmin Infotech
- Mr. Rakesh Gupta, Dy.GM.HR, Ashok Leyland
- Mr. K.N. Visweswaran, DGM, Hexaware Technologies
- Mr. Asokan Pitchai, Head MAFOI