Dr. S.K. Uma Maheswaran
Programme Officer, Unit – I
Mr. G. Sathish Kumar
Programme Officer, Unit – II
Unit I consists of 100 members, 50 from I year and 50 from II year. Similerly Unit II also consists of 100 students. Both units are actively functioning with the following criteria.
- Regular activities of 120 hours every year.
- Conducting special camp of 10 days in a village every year.
We are proud to note that until this academic year, the NSS units of our institution have conducted the Mega and highly useful “Blood Donation Camps”.
Our NSS units have been creating records in mobilizing blood donors in our students. For the last 17 (seventeen) years. We have been donating blood in excess in 2000 units, which is unique in itself. Not alone, during blood donation camps every year, also in the time of need, to save precious human lives, we send voluntary blood donors (our students) to hospitals to donate blood. This service will continue forever, since service to society is our foremost mission.
Our college has been awarded the Rolling shield for past TWELVE years for collecting the maximum number of blood units in an one day camp among the Educational institutions in Tamil Nadu.
GLIMPSES OF ‘SAIRAM NSS’ IN THE PAST 20 YEARS
Our Regular Activities at a Glance
- Free medical campus at various and needy villages
- Dental camp, Health camp & Eye camp
- Siddha, Ayurvedha and Homeopathy medical camps.
- Personolity development programs.
- NSS volunteers participation and performance in skit, dance and drama
- Counselling sessions and medical advise
- Conducting Traffic awareness events and Taking part in peak hour traffic regulations.
- Conducted rallies for different social awareness themes in association with other social organizations
- Tree plantation and helping the people to do so frequently
- Special camps for road safety measures
- Cancer awareness programs
- Beach , forest and public lakes clean up
- Reaching the Unreached – computer training program for village school children
Ten Days Special Camp
Every year we are adopting one village for our special 10 days camp. First few days will be spent for identifying the problems of the village.
Our activities during every special camps:
- Counseling, Tips and training for students who are appearing for the Board Exams in the village.
- #Free Eye screening & surgery camp and spectacles distribution and arrangements for cataract surgery.
- Conducting vocational training to the villagers (statistical work/computers).
- Emphasizing to have clean and green environments.
- The need to have hygienic and pollution free living conditions.
- Helping the needy youngsters to get job opportunities.
- Helping the people to develop self skills and arranging motivation talks.
- Conducting Exhibition and distribution of books to poor students.
- Inviting VIPs to the camp to address the people for further enlightenment.
- Educating the youngsters to lead addiction free life with regard to liquor, smoke and drug.
- Educating the villagers to have social involvement.
- AIDS/CANCER awareness programs to village people.
Special camps conducted in the past 12 years
|1||Ezhichur Village, Kancheepuram District||1997 - 1998|
|2||Poonthandalam Village, Kancheepuram District||1999 - 2000|
|3||Pazhanthandalam Village, Kancheepuram District||2000 - 2001|
|4||Hannumantha puram Village, kancheepuram District||2002 - 2003|
|5||Chithamur Villagae , Kancheepuram District||2003 - 2004|
|6||Sithalapakkam Village , Kancheepuram District||2004 - 2005|
|7||Ezhichur Village, Kancheepuram District||2005 - 2006|
|8||Acharappakkam Village , Kanchipuram District||2006 - 2007|
|9||Ezhichur Village, Kancheepuram District||2007 - 2008|
|10||Poonthandalam Village, Kancheepuram District||2008 - 2009|
|11||Keelamur village, Orathur village, Kancheepuram District||2009 - 2010|
|12||Orathur village, Perumbakkam village, Kancheepuram Dt.||2010 - 2011|
|13||Thandalam, Perumbakkam Village, Kancheepuram Dt.||2011 - 1012|
|14||Perumbakkam , Kazhanipakkam ,Kancheepuram Dt.||2012 - 2013|
|15||Perumbakkam, Thandarai, Kancheepuram Dt.||2013 - 2014|
|16||Thandarai, Thandalam, Kancheepuram Dt.||2014 - 2015|
|17||Kayapakkam, Sirumayilur, Kancheepuram Dt.||(2015 - 2016|
|18||Kayapakkam , Kancheepuram Dt.||(2016 - 2017|
|19||Thandalam, Perumbakkam , Kancheepuram||(2017 - 2018)|
|20||Melmadhuramangalam, Koothavakkam, Sriperumpudur||(2018 - 2019)
Our service will continue until we make sure that every individual around as is self sufficient in education and social awareness.
- Best Volunteer 2018 – 19
- 2018 BEST PROGRAM OFFICER AWARD
- BEST VOLUNTEER 2017- 18
- 2018 BEST PROGRAM OFFICER AWARD
- Best Volunteer 2016 – 17.
- 2010 Best Program Officer Award
- 2011 – 12 Best Volunteer
- 2012 Best NSS UNIT Award
- 2012 – 13 Best Volunteer
- 2013 – 14 Best Volunteer
- 2015 – 16 Best Volunteer
- BDC AWARD 2013 – 14
- BDC AWARD 2014 – 15
- BDC AWARD 2015 – 16